12 Jun Procedure to Get a Dubai Residence Visa for Your Family
Staying away from your family can be a difficult thing to do especially when you are settled in UAE and they are in a different country. If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to know how to secure a Dubai Residence Visa for your family, you have come to the right place. Here’s how to get started!
- If you want to sponsor your wife and children then you need a minimum monthly salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 + accommodation.
- If you want to sponsor your parents, you need a monthly salary of at least AED 20,000.
- If a wife wants to sponsor her husband, she needs a monthly salary of at least AED 3,000 + accommodation or AED 4,000 without accommodation. She must also work in one of the following fields – teacher, doctor, engineer, nurse, or in any other role in the medical sector. However, each case and its approval is subject to GDRFA as the individual queries can differ from case to case.
Now that you know the sponsorship criteria, let us look at the documents you would need to begin with the process.
- Original passport of the sponsor and the family members
- Visa copy of Sponsor
- 4 passport-size photographs of each dependent
- Sponsor’s original Emirates ID
- Tenancy contract with Ejari
- Original marriage certificate and original birth certificates of children – attested both by the UAE Embassy as well as Foreign Affairs in UAE
- Copy of job contract for the sponsor or Arabic salary certificate requested from Authority
- Three months’ bank statements
After arranging for all the relevant documents, get started with the residency visa acquiring process using the following steps:
- Go to a typing center with all the documents mentioned above and get a typed-up application form and visa application typed. The cost comes to around AED 310 for the application per family member and AED 220 for the sponsor file account opening with Immigration. This is non-inclusive of the typing charges.
- The timetable for the approval of visa is 8-10 working days. If the dependent is inside you have to prepare the application for Change of status. The cost for the same is AED 520 per dependent. If the dependent is outside – the dependent may use the issued Visa in order to come to UAE and proceed with the visa formalities.
- The dependent have to go for Medical Examinations and Emirates Id biometric to capture their records accordingly.
- As per the UAE Law, it is now required for all the dependents to have a basic medical insurance cover. So make sure you have all the related policies and documents in place.
- Upon completion of the steps and additional documentation, you may apply for final stamping of residency the cost for the same is AED 320. The approval or the same takes 4-5 working days. Once approved, the sponsor have to visit Immigration office along with the documents and have the residency stamp on the dependent Passport.
We at Intuit Management Consultancy have a team of specialized consultants who can step in and make the arrival of your families into UAE a seamless process. Get in touch with us to avail our visa services.