With businesses growing and looking at exploring markets outside their places of establishment and more opportunities for foreign investments have made restructuring, transaction advisory a very significant service for all such entities who intend to venture into across the border transactions. Corporate governance and best business practices are the norm of the day and our team of compliance experts can guide and lead through the entire process of restructuring with a holistic perspective.
The need for restructuring may arise from various external and internal factors.
External factors could include:
- Business expansion (mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures)
- Business divestment (demerger or stake sale)
- Higher returns for business through disposal of non-core assets (itemised sale, slump sale, demerger)
Internal factors could include:
- Enhancing business performance
- Tax planning
- Consolidation/separation of the business
- Unlocking the value of the business
- Family business reorganisation – division/dispute resolution/succession
- Profit repatriation
- Business closure/winding up
Our corporate advisory services helps your business with the following:
- Advise on the most favourable holding company jurisdiction
- Choose the entity for carrying out business.
- Ensure that the restructuring is compliant with all regulations
- Identify and resolve legal issues with the help of lawyers
- Liaise with regulatory authorities
- Identify and implement the most suitable form of business closure (member’s voluntary winding up, fast track exit/deregistration, winding up by court, creditor’s voluntary winding up).