Singapore Dependant Pass Everything You Need to Know About this Immigration Scheme

The Dependant-Pass-Singapore (DP) allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore. There are provisions for bringing other family members to Singapore as well under some set of conditions. A DP holder can live in Singapore and with appropriate approval, can even study and work in Singapore.

Important Facts of Dependant - Pass-Singapore

Everything You Want To Know About Singapore Tech.Pass 2021

Dependant-Pass-Singapore: Eligibility Requirements

An application for Dependant-Pass-Singapore can be submitted to MOM for your family members subject to compliance of the following eligibility requirements

For EntrePass holders following eligibility conditions apply 

Documents Required For Dependant-Pass-Singapore

The following documents are required for applying a Dependant-Pass-Singapore. Additional documents may need to be submitted depending on the family members for whom Dependant Pass is sought for.

For unmarried children under 21 years of age, the following documents are required

For unmarried legally adopted children below 21 years following documents are needed

Procedures for Application of Dependant-Pass-Singapore

The employer or an appointed Employment agent of a work Pass holder need to adhere to the following steps to apply for a Dependant-Pass-Singapore.

Post pandemic, Singapore has started reopening the country’s border after months of lockdown however work Pass approvals for new applications are still limited except for foreigners who are already in Singapore.

Certain cases may need some additional documents such as

On submission of documents, the Dependant-Pass-Singapore will be issued immediately.

Once the applicant receives the notification letter, he can freely move in Singapore and start work. Any requirement for fingerprints and photo registration is mentioned in the notification letter.

Registration of photo and fingerprints

An appointment has to be made with the relevant MOM centre for a visit of the foreign applicant and carrying out photo and fingerprints registration.

Dependents of an EP holder need to visit the Employment Pass Service Centre within two weeks after the pass is issued. The S Pass holder’s dependents need to visit MOM Service Centre Hall C within a week after the Pass is issued.

The dependents need to carry the following documents while visiting for photo and fingerprints registration

Receiving Dependant-Pass-Singapore Card

The Dependant-Pass-Singapore will be issued within 4 days of registration and documents verification.

The authorized person will be informed about the DP Card delivery through an email or text alert.

Appeal a Rejected DP Application

You have three months to appeal online a rejected DP application once you can address the reasons for rejection.

It takes approximately three weeks to get a reply on your appeal and maybe longer sometimes.

The rejection advisory online can be checked for the reasons of rejection with necessary actions suggested.

Renewal of Dependant-Pass-Singapore

Employers can initiate a renewal application for DP up to six months before expiry.

Once the renewal is approved, an IPA is sent indicating if a medical examination is needed. If you are served a quarantine order or stay at home, you can request for time to get the pass issued by logging in through CorpPass.

For pass holders who are unable to come back to Singapore to have their pass reissued, they should cancel the passes and reapply when covid 19 situations are stabilized.

Cancel a Dependant Pass

A Dependent-Pass-Singapore needs to be cancelled when a family member no longer needs a pass.

When one becomes a permanent resident of Singapore, he no longer needs DP for family members and should cancel the pass by applying through the employer or Employment agent. Cancellation is immediate.

You need to apply for DP replacement in case the pass is stolen, lost or damaged and within a week.

In case of a change in personal particulars and/or residential address, you need to notify MOM through self or your company for incorporating changes in Dependant-Pass-Singapore.

We’ve been
helping customers globally.

Book a consultation appointment with our professionals now.

We’ve been
helping customers globally.

Book a consultation appointment with our professionals now.

What our customers are saying

Have any project
in mind?

Let's Talk
about your project

Book a consultation appointment with our professionals now.

Reach us at