The Dependant-Pass-Singapore (DP) allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore. There are provisions for bringing other family members to Singapore as well under some set of conditions. A DP holder can live in Singapore and with appropriate approval, can even study and work in Singapore.
- The employer or Appointed Employment Agent (AEA) must apply on behalf of the Applicant. A Corporate Service Provider can become AEA of Work Pass holders.
- A Dependant- Pass-Singapore is available to legally married Spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age of eligible Work Pass holders including EntrePass, Employment Pass, S Pass and Personalized Employment Pass holders.
- A renewal application for Dependant- Pass- Singapore can be submitted 6 months before the expiry of the main Work Pass.
- For the Employment Pass, EntrePass and Personalized Employment Pass holders, by obtaining a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), your DP holder (s) can work in Singapore if they find a job.
- A DP is valid for two years and tied to the validity of the main Work Pass.
- No foreign worker levy or quota is required for Dependant- Pass- Singapore.
- Dependant of S Pass holders needs to apply for a work permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead meeting the eligibility criteria for these passes.
An application for Dependant-Pass-Singapore can be submitted to MOM for your family members subject to compliance of the following eligibility requirements
- If you hold a valid Employment Pass in Singapore. You can also apply if you have a valid S Pass.
- If you earn SGD 6000 per month minimum as a fixed monthly salary. This should be your fixed monthly salary and not the combined income of your family.
- If your family members are sponsored by your employer or by an established Singapore registered company.
- Dependant Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to forgo the Dependant Pass.
- For S Pass holders, dependents who get a work permit, the work permit's validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder's Pass.
For EntrePass holders following eligibility conditions apply
- Legally married Spouse.
- Unmarried children below 21 years of age including legally adopted children.
The following documents are required for applying a Dependant-Pass-Singapore. Additional documents may need to be submitted depending on the family members for whom Dependant Pass is sought for.
- Copies of personal particulars page of candidate's passport.
- For children who share a passport with their parents, parent's personal particulars page.
- For the legally married Spouse, a copy of the marriage certificate needs to be submitted.
- For non-English documents, original documents with a translation done by a translation service provider need to be submitted.
For unmarried children under 21 years of age, the following documents are required
- Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent's name.
- Verification of vaccination requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by Health Promotion Board (HPB) is needed for foreign-born children who are either aged 12 years and below.
- Existing DP, Long term visit pass (LTVP) and Student Pass holders don't need vaccination verification documents.
- If a DP is newly issued and cancelled beyond 30 days, vaccination verification documents will apply.
For unmarried legally adopted children below 21 years following documents are needed
- Copy of the adoption order or any other relevant documents.
- Verification of vaccination documents if aged 12 years and below.
- Existing DO, LTVP and Student Pass holders don't need Vaccination verification documents.
- For newly issued DP or DP cancelled for more than 30 days, vaccination verification documents are required.
The employer or an appointed Employment agent of a work Pass holder need to adhere to the following steps to apply for a Dependant-Pass-Singapore.
Post pandemic, Singapore has started reopening the country’s border after months of lockdown however work Pass approvals for new applications are still limited except for foreigners who are already in Singapore.
- Submitting an application online by the company or Employment agent or an immigration service provider through EP Online. Once the application is submitted and SGD 105, the application fee is paid, the Ministry of Manpower will process the application usually in 3 weeks.
- Issuance of In-Principle Approval (IPA) will be done by MOM once the application is approved. Once the IPA is issued online, the applicant can enter Singapore and request issuance of DP.
- Get the Pass issued by paying a fee of SGD 225 for each pass and an additional SGD 30 for each multiple journey Visa as applicable.
- Once the DP is issued, a Notification letter with one-month validity is processed and a printout needs to be taken. The applicant must be in Singapore while a request for a DP and a set of supporting documents need to be uploaded online by the company or appointed Employment agent.
- Applicant's Passport details
- The applicant's current short term visit Pass or immigration Pass
- Applicant's residential address in Singapore
- Local address where the DP can be delivered
- Contact details of at least one recipient who is authorized to receive the card and can be informed through email or phone about the DP Card delivery.
Certain cases may need some additional documents such as
- An embarkation/ disembarkation card or immigration white card
- A completed medical examination form or health declaration form
- A completed application form attached to the applicant's IPA
On submission of documents, the Dependant-Pass-Singapore will be issued immediately.
Once the applicant receives the notification letter, he can freely move in Singapore and start work. Any requirement for fingerprints and photo registration is mentioned in the notification letter.
An appointment has to be made with the relevant MOM centre for a visit of the foreign applicant and carrying out photo and fingerprints registration.
Dependents of an EP holder need to visit the Employment Pass Service Centre within two weeks after the pass is issued. The S Pass holder’s dependents need to visit MOM Service Centre Hall C within a week after the Pass is issued.
The dependents need to carry the following documents while visiting for photo and fingerprints registration
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents mentioned in the IPA and notification letters
The Dependant-Pass-Singapore will be issued within 4 days of registration and documents verification.
The authorized person will be informed about the DP Card delivery through an email or text alert.
You have three months to appeal online a rejected DP application once you can address the reasons for rejection.
It takes approximately three weeks to get a reply on your appeal and maybe longer sometimes.
The rejection advisory online can be checked for the reasons of rejection with necessary actions suggested.
Employers can initiate a renewal application for DP up to six months before expiry.
Once the renewal is approved, an IPA is sent indicating if a medical examination is needed. If you are served a quarantine order or stay at home, you can request for time to get the pass issued by logging in through CorpPass.
For pass holders who are unable to come back to Singapore to have their pass reissued, they should cancel the passes and reapply when covid 19 situations are stabilized.
A Dependent-Pass-Singapore needs to be cancelled when a family member no longer needs a pass.
When one becomes a permanent resident of Singapore, he no longer needs DP for family members and should cancel the pass by applying through the employer or Employment agent. Cancellation is immediate.
You need to apply for DP replacement in case the pass is stolen, lost or damaged and within a week.
In case of a change in personal particulars and/or residential address, you need to notify MOM through self or your company for incorporating changes in Dependant-Pass-Singapore.